THERMBOND® TROWELABLE OR HAND PACKED REFRACTORY
- Use a Hobart or hand operated heavy duty drill mixer.
- Check that equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
- The refractory surface being repaired must be clean and solid.
- Only mix as much material as you can place immediately.
- Determine the correct wet to dry ratio. The ratio is by weight.
- Mix dry material and liquid activator for between 45 seconds and 2 minutes depending on the
mixer. The material is mixed properly when it is homogeneous and folds upon itself.
- When troweling, use a trowel with a large surface area for the best finish.
- Work a thin first layer into the existing refractory. Once the thin layer has been applied,
additional layers of material can be added.
No curing is required after setting.
Please contact Stellar Materials LLC for:
- Specific information regarding your application.
- Extreme weather conditions, below 40° F (5° C) or above 90° F (32° C).
For more information please consult our complete Thermbond Installation Guide.