THERMBOND® RAMMABLE REFRACTORY
- Thinly coat all forms with a release agent. Steel forms must be painted prior to treating with a
release agent. Sulfur free grease can be used as a release agent.
- Use a Hobart type mixer.
- Check that equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
- Only mix as much material as you can place immediately.
- Determine the correct wet to dry ratio. The ratio is by weight.
- Mix dry material and liquid activator together for between 2 and 4 minutes depending on the
mixer. The material is mixed properly when it folds upon itself and looks homogeneous.
- When Thermbond® Rammable Refractory is mixed, immediately begin ramming the material
into place using a pneumatic ramming tool or a rubber mallet.
- For additional working time, spread material out on a mortar board prior to placing.
- Thermbond® Rammable Refractories should NEVER be vibrated into place.
No curing is required after setting.
Please contact Stellar Materials LLC for:
- Specific information regarding your application.
- Extreme weather conditions, below 40° F (5° C) or above 90° F (32° C).
For more information please consult our complete Thermbond Installation Guide.