THERMBOND® GUNNING GRADE REFRACTORY
- Thinly coat all forms with a release agent. Steel forms must be painted prior to treating
with a release agent. Sulfur free grease can be used as a release agent.
- Use a paddle or pan type mixer for pre-dampening.
- Use a gunning machine with the recommended bowl size.
- Use a properly sized air compressor to operate all pneumatic equipment.
- Use Stellar Materials approved nozzle and pump set.
- Check that equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
- Only mix as much material as you can place immediately.
- When applicable, mix dry material with the appropriate amount of liquid activator in a
pan or paddle type mixer to pre-dampen.
- At the nozzle, adjust liquid activator to obtain the proper wet-to-dry ratio.
- Nozzle should be 3-4 feet (1 meter) from the substrate.
- Material should be applied in a circular motion until desired thickness is achieved.
No curing is required after setting.
Please contact Stellar Materials LLC for:
- Specific information regarding your application.
- Extreme weather conditions, below 40° F (5° C) or above 90° F (32° C).
For more information please consult our complete Thermbond Installation Guide.