THERMBOND® CASTABLE REFRACTORY
- Thinly coat all forms with a release agent. Steel forms must be painted prior to treating with a
release agent. Sulfur free grease can be used as a release agent.
- Use a paddle or pan type mixer. Check that equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
- Use high frequency vibration equipment. Check that equipment is clean and in proper working
- Only mix as much material as you can place immediately.
- Mix dry material and liquid activator together for between 45 seconds and 2 minutes depending
on the mixer. The material is mixed properly when it is homogeneous and folds upon itself.
- Thermbond® castable material must be vibrated into place.
- When using pneumatic vibrators, use sufficient air pressure to operate the vibrators at full
capacity. With internal vibration beware of the vibrator forming rat holes in the material.
- When casting Thermbond® onto Thermbond® make sure the surface being cast against is
rough (do not trowel smooth).
No curing is required after setting.
Please contact Stellar Materials LLC for:
- Specific information regarding your application.
- Extreme weather conditions, below 40° F (5° C) or above 90° F (32° C).
For more information please consult our complete Thermbond Installation Guide.